While we were secretly hoping for this kind of Santa photo, we were very pleased with how Birdie's picture turned out. Just look at that beautiful smile! We got to take the picture at Alex's firm's holiday party, so there were no mall line-ups involved, THANK GOD.
AT TEN MONTHS…
- Hannah has started pulling herself up onto things. It started as her pushing herself up into sort of a downward dog position, but now she's figured out the next step. I can see many falls and bruised knees in our future.
- We've started finger foods. It's easy to get her to eat anything crunchy - cereal, crackers, puffs. She also enjoys gouda and cheddar cheese and little pieces of meat (we had lamb last night). It is IMPOSSIBLE to get her to eat vegetables, fruit, or anything else that has a mushy texture. Things that she LOVES as a puree (sweet potatoes, pear), she HATES in little pieces. If anyone has any tips for solving this problem, please let me know!
- As you know from my last post, we had a killer flu last week. Birdie was such a trooper, but was so sad. She just didn't know what to do with herself. She just wanted to snuggle for three days straight. And for those days, I was covered in her vomit. But somehow I was pretty okay with it.
- Hannah is a lot more verbal now. Lots of "da-da-da-da" and "na-na-na-na", and just generally a lot of singing and yelling. It's pretty wonderful.
- Her other new thing is clapping. If I start clapping, or if I sing "patty cake" to her, she'll just start clapping away with the greatest look of pride on her face. She also likes to clap unprompted when she's trying to avoid eating her dinner.
- Hannah is celebrating her first Chanukah this week. So far she is more into the wrapping paper than the gifts she has been getting. And ribbons! Don't even get her started about ribbons!
- No matter how cranky Hannah is, pop her into a bath and she is suddenly in the best mood ever! It may have something to do with the splashing. It may be the toes/nose game that we play. It may be the dozens of sea creature bath toys (except when Alex bathes her. Alex runs a bit of a utilitarian bath situation where Hannah is only allowed to have one toy). But that little girl is like a ray of sunshine at the end of a rainbow in a field of unicorns when she's in her tub.
more photos after the break!
The flu has hit our house. HARD. This is day 3 for Birdie and I, who spent the afternoon cuddling and watching Netflix (after sending my poor mother home, who came into the city to help me yesterday, and then came down with the flu herself today). As you can see, Birdie was much more interested in Mona Lisa Smile then she was in looking at the camera. That Julia Roberts is just SO charming.
tags: the flu